Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We had a wonderful visit with Joass, Rachel, Glory, and little Gabriel on Sunday evening, and I even got to hold him for quite a while, though he was asleep the entire time we were there. He smiled in his sleep while I was holding him, and we saw this cute dimple in his left cheek when he smiled! So, they're adjusting though Gabriel isn't as cooperative as he could be, so far insisting on sleeping all day and being awake much of the night.

I've always loved little ones, the newborns and toddlers and all ... but as I get older I find them not just a joy but a necessity of life. They help ground me as more and more of my precious friends and acquaintances reach the other ends of their lives. Glory and Gabriel do more for me than they realize, nor will be able to understand for many years yet.

Thanks, little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment